Dulwich College Shanghai Puxi
2000 Qianpujing Road, Maqiao, Minhang
This conference is for Primary School teachers and EAL specialist teachers who use the English National Curriculum to deliver their school’s English language programme. Over the 2 days, we will offer an in-depth look at the 2014 curriculum with practical resources and examples. EAL practice and pedagogy will be threaded throughout with one specific session looking at ensuring progress in second language learning.
If you are looking for professional learning and are keen to further develop best practices in your school, in the area of English language and EAL teaching, then please register now!
CONFERENCE INFORMATION & SUPPORT
9th November 2017
What are the requirements of the 2014 English curriculum?
- Overview of the expectations
- Changes and shifts
- Implications for teaching Using high quality literature to drive the curriculum and make purposeful links
- Book choice
- Teaching effectively and addressing the new emphases
- Role of reading in writing
- Considering outcomes
- The role of grammar
- Teaching spelling
- Handwriting expectations
Planning an English unit based on a high-quality text
10th November 2017
- Systems and processes
- Understanding standards – working at the expected standard/working at greater depth within the expected standard
- Understanding progress across the year and the notion of being “on-track”
- Developing an evidence base
Addressing and assessing EAL needs
Developing the role of the English Lead
- Understanding and establishing ”what English looks like in our school”
- Planning for development
- Monitoring and evaluation – compliance, practice, standards, progress, pupil voice
If you already live in Shanghai, the easiest way to get to Dulwich College Shanghai Puxi is either by metro and/or taxi. For the metro, use Line 1 (Xinzhuang) and Line 5 (Zhuanqiao) and then take a 15 minutes taxi ride to our school. Driving to our campus
If you are visiting Shanghai to attend this conference, we recommend that you contact firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a corporate rate for you at the Qube Hotel, near the school.
Shuttle Bus Service
Dulwich will provide a shuttle bus service to and from the Qube hotel in the morning and afternoon.
Cost: 3000 RMB
Cost includes all training materials provided on USB, refreshments and lunches, and shuttle bus service to the Qube Hotel.
Do you have questions about the English Conference?
Email: Christine Haslett email@example.com
Call: (+86) 21 3329 9400